5 places to get a snack in the parkJuly 4, 2018
Here in Cornwall, many people love to spend leisure time in the park and take advantage of our beautiful landscape for various outdoor activities. Whether you’re taking a long scenic bike ride/walk along our waterfront trail, working out at the rotary outdoor gym or taking the kids out for some fresh air on the play structures and splash pad, you will be sure to work up an appetite at some point (if a picnic isn’t in the plans).
If you didn’t pack a snack before your trip to the park we have a few options available here to satisfy your hunger and treat yourself!
Weenies on wheels
- Weenies on wheels is located right beside the play structures in the park and sells hot dogs with various toppings with chip bags and drinks!
- They also offer a kids hot dog.
- Go enjoy a lunch in the shade during a sunny day at the splash pad!
- Open 11am-7pm, Monday-Sunday.
- *CASH ONLY.
- For more info, check out : https://bit.ly/2KAxOTN
- Want an icy cold treat during a warm day in the park? Mocktails Splash is located directly beside the splash pad in the park and serving treats such as ice cream scoops, ice cream sandwiches, slushies and popsicles.
- Take a break from the sun and cool down with Mocktails Splash, they have it all!
- Open 11:3am-4pm, Monday- Sunday.
- For more info, visit: https://bit.ly/2KDhqlC
- Located at 240 Water St. West is the RCAFA Wing, you can also find it by looking for the historic fighter jet that is displayed in front of the building (One of Cornwall’s most famous landmarks).
- The RCAFA Wing has a bar therefore if you’re craving a cold beer while in the park, come on down to the wing!
- The Wing has a beautiful patio overlooking the St. Lawrence River so come relax by the water with a refreshing beverage!
- For information on hours or events please visit: http://rcafacornwall.com/
Farm and Forest Food Experience
- Farm and Forest is located behind the legion park baseball diamonds (2 Bergeron Dr. Cornwall).
- If you need lunch, dinner or a simple French fry snack, Farm and Forest is the place to go!
- Everything is made from scratch and ingredients obtained from local farming efforts or picked from their own gardens!
- Very delicious flavors from their pulled pork sandwich to their burger and seasonal greens.
- They also offer a kids menu!
- Open 11am-7pm, Tuesday-Sunday.
- For more information on the menu please visit: https://bit.ly/2Nc9KoH
- The marina is located in a gorgeous area along our popular waterfront trail. It is directly beside the Civic Complex and Aquatic Centre at 100 Water St.
- Chips\ice cream and water bottles are available for a quick stop and rest while admiring the beautiful boats docked at the marina!
- Open daily for the summer.
- For more information on the marina please visit: https://bit.ly/2KywEoA